NSIT has been receiving numerous accolades by various organizations of repute from a long time.
- Ranked 10th best engineering college in India by DataQuest- IDC T-School Survey 2011.
- Ranked 5th in term of Placements by by DataQuest- IDC T-School Survey 2011.
- Ranked 17th best engineering institute in India by Outlook India Survey 2011.
- Ranked 9th best engineering college in India for “Factual Rank” by The India Today-Nielsen Survey in 2010.
- Ranked 11th best engineering college in India by Dataquest -IDC T-School Survey in 2010. In the placement wise ranking of the survey NSIT stood at 4th place.NSIT was placed at 3rd place in North Zone of India in the Zone Wise Ranking (Excluding IITs)of the survey.
- Ranked 2nd best among the top 10 engineering college for “Return on Investment” and 7th best among top 10 engineering college for “Personality Devt & Ind Interface” in India by the Outlook Magazine in 2010.
- Ranked 15th best engineering college in India by CollegeKhabar in their Engineering College Ranking Survey 2010 [Best Engineering Colleges- Overall (National Ranking 2010)]. In the survey CollegeKhabar reported that NSIT stood at 14th place by votes from various students, alumni, faculties.
- Ranked 15th best engineering college in India by The India Today-Nielsen Survey in 2010.
- Ranked 15th best engineering college in India by Outlook Magazine in 2010.
- Ranked 5th among North India Engineering Colleges by EFY Report titled “RECRUITERS’ CHOICE 2009-10: ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING COLLEGES PAR EXCELLENCE”. (Reference:- Electronics For You (EFY) Magazine, May 2010 Issue, Vol.42 No.5, Pages 42–48).
- Ranked 6th best among the top engineering college for “Highest Salaries” and 9th best among top engineering college for “Return On Investment” in India by the Outlook Magazine in 2009.
- Ranked 5th in the national level CSR-GHRDC Engineering College Survey 2009. The survey placed NSIT among the list of “Engineering Colleges of Super Excellence”.
- 72 out of top 100 students who sought admission in CEE 2009 chose NSIT over DCE (Now DTU).
- Ranked 18th best engineering college in India by The India Today-Nielsen Survey in 2009.
- NSIT was ranked the 19th best engineering institute in India by India Today in 2007.
- NSIT was awarded Certificate for Best Overall Performance in field of Technical Education by the Indian Society of Technical Education in 2002.
- NSIT was referred as “Pride of Delhi” by Government of NCT, Delhi in 2003.
NSIT – In News and Popular Culture
NSIT has been a famous object in news from trivia’s related to tech geeks to the DU Divas. NSIT has made a strong impression in Delhi, with its ultimate blend of fashion and nerds.
Recent Article – 1 HT Education :
Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT) is every engineering enthusiast’s dream college. With the emphasis on extra-curricular activities, and hands-on learning, the academic culture alleviates the pressure to perform. Here, you can explore many of your talents and nurture them. Similar to the IIT’s, NSIT attracts the best of minds, but goes beyond that and also offers a more relaxed study-environment with tremendous scope for creative expression.
USP: The sheer size of the campus and multifarious extra-curricular options available are the star attractions. Lucrative placements also add value to NSIT
Faculty strength: The institute has approximately 90 faculty members
Programmes: NSIT has various departments that offer programmes at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Some of the departments are electronics and communication engineering, information technology, bio-technology, computer engineering, instrumentation and control and more
IT Quotient: The entire college campus is Wi-Fi enabled. The institute’s website (www.nsitonline.in), mostly student-run and maintained, gives details about life at the institute, the admission process, programme details etc. The institute’s Facebook page is very vibrant and acts as a forum for students to access datasheets, results, information about various colleges’ events, placement schedule etc. Another forum, NSIT Lounge, provides students the space to gossip about campus life, look at the placement schedules, pick up tips from alumni and socialize with college friends.
Clubs and societies: NSIT is incomplete without the mention of its wide-raning plethora of clubs and societies. Students here proactively take part in college life and continue to set up various student initiatives. Some of the popular student-run initiatives include: Alliance, an e-newspaper that lets you know everything you wanted to know about NSIT; Automotive Projects, for automotive engineering enthusiasts; Crosslinks, the media management society; Reminisce, the official alumni magazine etc.
Some of the prominent clubs include: Computer Society of India, SPIC-MACAY and IEEE, a non-profit organization and the world’s leading professional association for the advancement of technology. Through its global members, the IEEE is the leading authority on areas ranging from aerospace systems, computers and telecommunications to biomedical engineering, electric power and consumer electronics among others. Moksha, the cultural festival of NSIT is another much-awaited event of the academic calendar.
Infrastructure: The NSIT campus has many cafes and small shops in the midst of a lot of greenery. Also, there are sports facilities that include basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, a cricket field and a football field. There is a music room with instruments such as electric guitars and a synthesizer. The computer labs have high-speed internet and up-to-date PCs. The institute also houses pool and table tennis facilities, along with various canteens. The library has a wide selection of books, journals, e-journals, magazines and newspapers that is constantly expanded.
Student speak : “For the past five or six years toppers from their respective schools have made it into NSIT. It is a very different feeling to study amidst toppers where you may have your differences yet you work as a team when it comes to a project. The culture is really cool. Majority of us are from Delhi which makes it easy for all of us to interact,” says Monadhika Sharma, a final year computer engineering student.
Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT) was originally established as Delhi Institute of Technology (DIT) in July 1983. Started with a view to churn out highly competent, intelligent and dedicated engineers, the institute has more than achieved its aim by emerging as one of the leading tech schools in the country. Unlike the clichéd saying that ‘engineers are not created but are born’, NSIT does a commendable job in training students to achieve excellence in technical research as well as a multitude of extra-curricular activities. Within a short span of 26 years, NSIT has carved a distinct identity for itself in the field of higher technical education
for long, the students wanted a canteen. With the opening of a large catering space that wishes has come true.
Recent Article 2 : HT City Freshers Coverage –
Music and masti stole the show of HT City Fresh On Campus at Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology
These showers could not ampen the spirit of the students on Wednesday at the HT City Fresh on Campus bash, this time at the Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT) in Dwarka. Dispelling the myth that Engineering students are geeks, newbie’s let their hair down, grooving to the latest Bollywood numbers played by DJ Puneet .
The crowd cheered loudly as the gorgeous girls stepped on the stage for Diva of the Day contest.
Even the guys did not stay behind. They walked the ramp in style in the Model Hunk contest. “With my friends cheering for me, it was indeed fun walking the ramp,“ said Mayank Gaur, winner of the Model Hunk contest. On the other hand, T-shirts turned into canvases as students drew different aspects of the Capital in the T-shirt design contest.
“The music was awesome and I danced to my heart’s content, “said Sahil Tyagi, a first year student.