Recent Achievements by NSIT students:
• Team from NSIT have participated in the Annual Great Moon Buggy Race, NASA organized by the Marshall Space and Flight Centre, Huntsville, USA, in memorial of Man’s First Moon mission in 1969. NSIT was part of the Indian representation at the international competition where over 70 teams from round the world participate. The designs were appreciated by the Judges for the innovation and low-cost prototype.
• NSITs performance in Google Summer of code (GSoc) Google’s flagship program to Support open source organizations have been nothing short of spectacular over the years. Each of the 7 students selected in GSoc 2010 shall be working under the guidance of world class mentors and shall be awarded a stipend of $ 5000 each.
• A team of 3 Students from NSIT won the Sweden India Nobel Memorial Quiz, organized by the Embassy of Sweden in Delhi on 7th November 2009. The students from NSIT beat team from colleges in Pune, Mumbai, Bangalore and Delhi. As the winners of the first position, they were awarded certificates and a trip of Sweden, sponsored by the Swedish Embassy. The NSIT Quiz teams achievement was reported in the Hindustan Times.
• NSITians have brought laurels to the Institute by going to renowned Graduate schools for research like MIT, Georgia Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon University,Stanford.
• Students from NSIT have displayed a versatile talent by bagging significant number of seats in reputed business schools every year. Some of them are Harvard, Kellogg Business School, INSEAD and in all the IIMS.
• Virtual Mini Baja event was hosted at NSIT on October 12-13, 2009. Here in more than 50 teams from nationwide participated.
• NSIT Motor sports is a pioneering team from NSIT to venture out into the arena of vehicle designing. The team has come together from different disciplines of engineering to pursue a common passion for automobiles. They are always looking to explore their Innovative ideas in the field of automobiles.
• Every year the team takes part in BAJA SAE competitions where participants are to design and fabricate an All-Terrain Vehicle that should bear the brunt of the track and prove its mettle in various control and maneuverability tests. The Design Report was amongst the top 7 selected in the competition. NSIT design report was ranked among the top 7 teams
• An interdisciplinary group of 14 students designed and developed a Solar Powered
Vehicle. The team obtained 2nd Rank in adventure class at the South African Solar
Challenge 2008 and became the first Indian solar car to participate on an International Platform. The car was subsequently displayed at the Youth Entrepreneurial Green Awards’09 and Auto Expo’10 at Pragati Maidan. The project received accolade from the industry as well as the government.
• A team of four students participated in SAE Aero Design Competition 2011 held in
Mariett, Georgia organized by SAE international.
• A team of students of NSIT participated in the NASA Great Moon buggy Race 2011 held at U.S. Space & Rocket Center, Huntsville, Alabama on 1st and 2nd of April, 2011.
• A team of 21 students of NSIT participated in the Harvard National Model United
Nations 2012 conference in Boston, Massachusetts in February 2012,
• Neighborhood event was organized in NSIT for the social welfare of underprivileged children. This event was held in April, 2011.
• “TED-EX NSIT’- an educational talk was held on 17th April, 2011. Approximate 350 students from different colleges participated in the event apart from several participants from corporate world. Dr. Isher Judge Ahluwalia, Prof. B. Jai Ram, Mohan Guru Swami & K.K. Mohammed were some of the prominent speakers in the event.
• Two students namely, Ridhima Malik and Gaurav Minoca won an International Award of US $ 2000 in IEEE HTC Project competition.